At Magnolia Breast Center, we offer a comprehensive breast health program which includes breast cancer risk assessment, genetic counseling, screening, diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship care. We have a team of fellowship-trained, board-certified surgeons and oncologists who work together to provide highly effective, personalized, coordinated health care for our patients.
We offer customized treatment and care programs for women and men. We strive to constantly improve the quality of medical services, exceed our patients’ expectations, and achieve the best possible outcomes.
Our breast care center services include:
We offer genetic counseling services to those who are at higher risk of developing breast cancer. You might need genetic counseling if you have a personal history of non-cancerous breast conditions, a family history of breast cancer, or if you are of Ashkenazi Jewish descent. Our healthcare professionals can review your medical history, determine whether you are a high-risk candidate, and proceed directly in our office to obtain the blood test for genetic testing.
Genetic testing is a process through which we can detect BRCA and other genetic mutations or variants that increase your risk of breast cancer. If you test positive, we can explain the test results to you and recommend the right course of action to take in order to prevent or detect breast cancer at the earliest possible stage.
Second Opinion Evaluations
If you have been diagnosed with breast cancer and want to get a second opinion, we can review your medical history and test results, confirm your breast cancer diagnosis, tell you what kind of options you have, and recommend the right treatment plan for you.
Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
We can determine whether you are at a higher risk of developing breast cancer compared to the average person. Based on our assessment, we will recommend how often you should get checked and what kind of lifestyle changes you need to make to reduce your risk of developing cancer. We can determine your risk of developing non-invasive and invasive breast cancers based on a wide range of factors including:
- Race or ethnicity
- Body weight
- Age at which you started menstruating
- Presence of dense breast tissue
- History of non-cancerous breast conditions
- Whether you have children
- Family history of breast cancer or any other type of cancer
- Use of any type of hormone therapy (if you are past menopause)
Breast Cancer Screening
Screening tests are the best way to detect breast cancer before the symptoms even begin. These include:
- Clinical breast exam
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
Breast Cancer Treatment
If you are diagnosed with breast cancer, it is extremely important to start the treatment as soon as possible. We offer a comprehensive range of breast cancer treatment options including:
- Oncoplastic Surgery
- Nipple Sparing Mastectomy
- Ultrasound Guided Breast Conservation
We will determine the best way to treat breast cancer based on a number of factors including:
- Size and type of the tumor
- Breast cancer stage
- Age, underlying medical problems, and overall health condition
- If indicated, genomic testing on your tumor specimen
Individualizing each and every patient’s treatment is the most important aspect of our care
Following a mastectomy, you can opt for breast reconstruction (which rebuilds the shape and look of your breasts) or choose a flat closure (which leaves you with a flat chest). Depending on your prognosis, health condition, and your preference, we can recommend the right option for you. We work with groups of talented plastic surgeons.
Treating breast cancer often requires the collaboration of several physicians. It is why we offer multidisciplinary consultations to all our breast cancer patients. Our multidisciplinary team includes medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, and radiation oncologists, pathologists, and radiologists who collaborate with each other to devise a personalized treatment plan for each and every one of our patients.
Breast Cancer Survivorship, Health, & Wellness
One of the most important aspects of our breast health program is follow-up care for breast cancer survivors. Our survivorship care program includes:
- Management of physical and mental side effects caused by cancer treatment.
- Lifestyle modifications to lower the risk of recurrence – including what you should eat and what you should avoid, what kind of supplements you can take and what kind of supplements you should avoid, what kind of physical activities you can engage in, what kind of exercises you can do regularly, and what you can do to reduce stress and improve your mental well-being.
- Follow-up care plan for detecting new as well as recurring cancers.
- Referrals to support groups.
- Recommendations for leading a healthy lifestyle and improving the quality of life. These might include referrals to exercise medicine specialists.
Magnolia Breast Center – The Trusted Choice for Breast Cancer Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment in Southwest Florida
Breast cancer is a serious, life-threatening disease that needs to be detected and treated at the earliest stage possible. Whether you want to know your risk of developing cancer, get yourself checked for cancer, or get treated for cancer, the experts at Magnolia Breast Center can help you.
We have extensive experience in treating breast cancer patients – including highly complicated cases and patients with an advanced stage of cancer. We can determine the severity of your condition, take your unique needs and preferences into account, and devise a customized treatment plan to achieve a positive outcome.